COVID-19 Updates & Resources
New Zealand is at Alert Level 4.
The countrywide lockdown will be in effect for 3 days, and Auckland and the Coromandel region will be in Level 4 for 7 days.
This is because the case is assumed to be the Delta variant, the most contagious yet.
With immediate effect, businesses are closed to the public, except those doing essential work. The Creative Northland team will be available online, through zoom, message and email. If there is anything you need give us a shout.
Impact on Creative Northland
The Creative Northland staff & board are working hard to keep up with the latest COVID-19 updates and how this impacts the Creative Industry in Northland and across New Zealand.
New Zealand is currently at Alert Level 1.
The full breakdown of what we can and can’t do is on the Government’s COVID-19 site. This is the one source of truth.
- Stay home with your bubble, and limit your contact with others!
- Keep a 2m distance from others and wear a mask when out.
- Get a COVID-19 test if you are showing any cold or flu symptoms
- Scan the Covid Tracer QR codes everywhere you go, every time!
- Wash or sanitise your hands frequently.
Importantly, please take care of yourselves and your whānau, take care of your mental health, take time to do the things that inspire you, and get fresh air and exercise!
What Creative Northland did in 2020?
- We reached out to our creative community by phone and email to find out how they were and what they were doing during the pandemic & self-isolation period.
- Sent out a regional survey to assess the impact COVID-19 on our Arts Organisations & Arts Practitioners. You can read the key findings here.
- Refocused our weekly E-newsletter providing relevant updates around COVID-19 and what Creative Northland is doing.
- Created various online campaigns, two of which is our iso-creation facebook group and #makingwithjolene on Instagram.
- We started online funding clinics as of 21 April, where we gave free professional advice on arts funding. These ran twice a week until May 7th. To find out more click here.
- Creative Business Skills Workshops was offered online starting May 15th 2020.
- We started a new campaign “Artist Profile” where we use our various online platforms to showcase and interview different artists within the community.
We will continue to reach out to our community and keep you updated on all our projects, alternately please feel free to reach out to the team here email@example.com
There are lots of resources becoming available, we have compiled links to the most relevant resources at present to our community.
- What you need to know about COVID-19
- Creative New Zealand’s response to COVID-19
- The government’s economic response package for businesses and organisations
- Whangarei District Council’s Essential Covid-19 Information
- Northland Business Support Channel
- The 9 best online collaboration tools for remote workers
- Aotearoa Arts and Events during the COVID-19 Crisis – Facebook Group
RECENT COVID-19 CASE IN NORTHLAND
For contact tracing purposes, anyone who attended one of the locations listed here during the relevant timeframes is considered to be a COVID-19 ‘casual contact’.
Although there is a low risk of exposure, out of an abundance of caution, please stay at home and get a test if you visited these locations during the relevant times. You will need to continue to stay at home until you receive a negative test result back.
If you were at one of these locations during the relevant timeframe, please take the following steps:
- Stay at home and contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453 to understand if and when you need to get tested.
- If you begin to feel unwell or start to develop COVID-19 symptoms get a test immediately.
- If you receive a negative test, you need to continue monitoring your symptoms for the next 14 days. If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms you will need to organise another test.
- Ensure you wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or with hand sanitiser.