The organisation is mandated to develop the arts and cultural sector within the Northland region, translating creative ideas into innovative products and services. We are funded by both the Whangarei District Council and Northland Regional Council and receive grant funding from Foundation North.
The Creative Northland team is based in Whangarei inspiring creative endeavour through artistic projects, touring opportunities, education and specialised resources to develop and sustain our creative communities artistic practice all over Tai Tokerau.
We aim to make Northland a lifestyle choice for new business and families working in partnership with every level of local and central government and private sector. Our journey is to foster contemporary and innovative regional cultural practice through our commitment to a dynamic, thriving and influential creative sector.
Our Statement of Intent
Connecting, Empowering and Growing Northland’s Creative Sector!
Key Measures – Building ‘Creative Capital’
- Creatively engage youth and families
- Creative workforce and work opportunities for creative professionals
- Positive social norms around creativity
- Local support for artists and arts organisations
- Public policies that foster creativity and community engagement
- Visible signs of creativity in the community